My son, age 13, received the latest book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, to review. He loves the series and was excited to get to read the newest installment as well as doing his first review. We decided it best that he have some type of outline to follow until he is more comfortable with reviews. What you see below are his words and feelings about the book.
Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel
Author: Jeff Kinney
Summary: In this Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, Greg is trying to find a date to the school dance but there’s one problem; everyone already has a date. So, Greg and his best friend, Rowley, go with a girl as just a group of friends. At the dance things don’t really turn out like you would expect them to. It was an awkward twist. This was my 2nd favorite book out of the series. My most favorite was Rodrick Rules.
- This book was very funny. They all are.
- I like the way Greg handles his main problem.
- There were some words I had never heard before. I had to look them up so I could know them and use them.
- I loved the illustrations in this one.
- I liked the new characters.
- I really liked the ending.
- I love how it really feels like a kid wrote the book.
- Some of the problems didn’t apply to me so I didn’t really “get” them.
- Some words I couldn’t pronounce.
- This book had less pictures (but the ones that were there were great!)
Rating: Two thumbs WAY up. I love the book, and all the others in the series. I can’t wait for the next one. I also can’t wait for the next movie to come out. I have read this book three times and will read it again.
Disclaimer: We received this book, free of charge to conduct an honest review. All thoughts are that of the reader.